Parenting, also referred to as child rearing is the taking care of social, physical, emotional, as well as intellectual development of a child from nonage to adulthood. Aside from biological relationship, it also refers to the aspects of raising a child. Expecting for a baby is one of the most exciting moment in the lives of soon-to-be parents wanting a baby. There is not enough place for happiness as they are about to receive the most precious and most awaited gift they have been longing for. On the other hand, having a baby does not come easy as it can be challenging especially for those first time parents. They get these mixed emotions of anxiety and fear as they are not used to this field.
- Newborn baby parenting demands ample knowledge and vigilance on anything associated with a newborn. Knowing the fact that babies are so delicate, you as parent needs to be very careful with his/her diet, skin care and sleeping pattern. The following are some tips and advises you need to bear in mind while parenting your infant.
- You need to take good care of the baby’s skin. The baby’s skin requires special care as it acts as the protective shield with the new environment. The skin of the baby is very delicate that it can get easily infected so you need to thoroughly wash baby clothes with the use of mild detergents. It is highly recommended to apply lotion that can moisturize the baby’s skin as this is the period where the baby skin can quickly become dry. Make use of antiseptic lotion in his/her bathing water to avoid bacterial infections. To lessen the probability of skin allergies and/or irritation, be sure to clean clothes and diapers carefully.
- Be assured that the area where the baby is placed is neat and clean specially after the umbilical cord falls out. This is to avoid infection and other hassles. Do apply antiseptic powder or alcohol using clean cotton.
- The head of the baby demands for special and sufficient care to avoid infection as well. Be sure to use mild baby shampoos with natural ingredients. Watch out for the baby’s head while bathing the baby because the scalp a newborn is very soft and fragile as the skull is not yet completely developed.
- Keep the baby away from direct sunlight as to avoid sunburns, and heat rashes. Baby’s skin is very sensitive to sunburns that might give them a really hard time when they’re sleeping.
- Change baby’s diaper 6 to 8 times a day to avoid infections and rashes. Make use of branded diapers to give more comfort to your baby. If rashes persist, consult an expert immediately to remedy the problem early.
- Immunization is extremely important in keeping the baby’s good health. Make sure to visit the pediatrician and make yourself aware of the appropriate time to give the baby his/her needed vaccinations.
Parenting to a newborn baby is a wonderful job. Keep happy and healthy by following tips from experienced personalities.